Death toll rises to four after consumption of poisonous mushrooms

Shillong, June 2: A woman from the affected  family residing at Saphai village died on Sunday at NEIGRIHMS after consuming wild mushrooms.

The victim has been identified as Ana Suchiang, who, along with her husband Over Sutnga and adopted daughter Niwanshwa Kanai were first treated at MCH, Jowai but Ana and her husband were taken to NEIGRIHMS on Saturday night. The husband is in critical condition.


Earlier on Saturday, three minor children- Wansalan Suchiang (14), Kitlangki Suchiang(10) and Riwanka Suchiang (8)  expired at MCH hospital, Jowai.

Their mother Jumonlang
Suchiang (43) was referred to NEIGRIHMS along with her 10 month-old son and they are in critical condition.

Members of another family, Ribaitki Shadap, Shanmi Shadap and Sah Shadap are also in critical condition at MCH hospital Jowai.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Kindly Disable Ad Blocker