
Shillong, April 5: Education Minister Rakkam Sangma on Saturday allayed fears of admission issues for those failed students who will attempt the supplementary exam shortly.
Speaking to reporters on Saturday, the minister said MBoSE will conduct the supplementary examination by the last week of April or first week of May.
“We will issue the academic calendar by next week, to ensure that there is a uniform time for admission by all institutions”, he said.
Assessing the results, the minister said, “It is a historic moment for the state. The pass percentage this year is 87.10%. It is breaking all the past records”.
He congratulated all 85 toppers and successfull students for making thier parents and institutions proud.
55473 out of 63682 students cleared the board exams while 8209 students were declared unsuccessful.
He wanted the failed students not to lose hope.”They should take it as a challenge because the supplementary exams will be conducted in the last week of April or first week of May. The date will be fixed by the MBOSE.”
The minister said the government will issue uniform time for taking admissions by all institutions and an order in this regard will be issued on Monday next week.
Sangma attributed the historic achievement in the SSLC results to the various interventions taken by the state government including the introduction of NCERT textbooks and change in the question pattern making it at par with the CBSE.
While thanking the chief minister for guiding the department, he said, “The CM Impact with guide books is a small program and it is like guiding students how to write the examination, how to prepare chapter wise and to identify what kind of question will come besides training the teachers.”