International

China earthquake death toll rises to 66

Chengdu, Sep 6 (UNI): A total of 66 people have been killed in a 6.8-magnitude earthquake that jolted Luding County in southwest China’s Sichuan Province on Monday, local authorities said on Tuesday.

As of 2 pm Tuesday, 38 people had been killed in Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, and the other 28 died in Ya’an City, the rescue headquarters told a press briefing.

Advertisement

Fifteen people were missing and 253 were injured, with five in critical condition and 70 in serious condition. The earthquake struck Luding County at 12:52 pm Monday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center. Sichuan has activated the highest level of emergency response for the earthquake.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Kindly Disable Ad Blocker