Heater in room caused fire in Bar Association building ?

Shillong, Feb 24: Unattended electric heater which was on in one of the rooms caused fire , according to a senior advocate who visited the building on Saturday night.

“Heater which was on in a particular room of a lawyer caused the fire”, he said ruling out short-circuit behind the incident.


When asked about any inquiry, he said the members will have to meet to take a decision.

Valuable documents, maters related to pending cases of the clients, computers and furniture were all gutted by fire.

Earlier, after the inspection of the area, Chief Minister Conrad Sangma said,  “We are yet to determine the exact reason but it seems that it is the electrical conditions that led to the fire”.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Kindly Disable Ad Blocker