Sleeping man saved by fire service personnel in city

Shillong, Dec 2: A man who was sleeping at the factory of the Magic Cook at Garikhana in the city was saved by the fire service personnel during the devastating fire incident on Friday midnight.

“We had to break open the door to rescue the man who was sleeping inside his room”, said the SP fire service, Darwin M Sangma on Saturday.


The residents noticed the fire after 12.30 am, Saturday and the fire service personnel  received the information around 1.10 am.

According to Darwin, the fire service personnel rendered service till Saturday afternoon.

“The fire is doused and now we will have to examine the CCTV footages to know whether there was any foulplay”, he said.

Experts who examined the site are looking at the angle of short circuit but proper probe will depend on the CCTV footages, the official added.

The fire gutted the entire factory besides damaging the finished products of wheat and the raw materials. The workers and the security men were clueless about the incident.

The incident comes after the major fire at Thana road on October 14 that resulted in the death of one person and destruction to property.

Other than sporadic observations, the state government is yet to come out with strict guidelines on fire safety measures in private and commercial buildings in and around the city.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Kindly Disable Ad Blocker